Monday, December 22, 2008



(Up) My dad's worked, with his pumpkin usage!
(Middle) My mom's creation, using pineapple to prepare "tang yuan".
(Down) My own yogurt "tang yuan" ^^


It happens every year before the beginning of a new year especially for the Chinese. Making “tang yuan” (glutinous rice ball) is a must as it symbolize unity among families & friends.

My family & I, excluded my brother have entered “Creative Tang Yuan Making Competition 2008” at Shaw Plaza in Pudu, Kuala Lumpur on the 20th December. Altogether there were 30 participants with loaded enthusiasm.

I’ve always loved to imagine & create weird recipes, but creativeness wasn’t downloaded in me! So I’ve to crack & dig files in my brain even when in dreams to create my secret recipe that will lead me to winning. Recipe wasn’t the tough ones, but the task in searching for the ingredients.

Mixing “tang yuan” with yogurt wasn’t a bad idea after all. Guess I’m the first in the world who uses yogurt as my main “tang yuan” preparation. In my yogurt; raisins, pieces of oranges, crushed peanuts & coco powder were mixed and added, & nevertheless, my green “tang yuan” as well. Hoping for the best, I thought I will walk away with the 1st prize hamper; but unfortunately, it wasn’t to be. I had lost to my pride & my unskilled hands in making the dough -_-! & end up surrendering to my dad who is the 1st runner up. Of course laaa…. coz he uses the pumpkin (can be seen in the picture above) Look so tempting & delicious right?!

Anyway, I’m proud & happy with him. ^^

Though I’ve lost, I’m still happy, as I got to see my family on TV during the news programmes.

Losing will never halt me from entering future competitions. I’ve promise myself to upgrade my capabilities & try again next time with more zest!

So, catch me up next time folks, I’ll be the champion!!!!

No comments: